(Click on blue links to read papers.)
- (2017). Beyond the Classroom: Extracurricular L2 Exposure and Beliefs in Japan. Kwansei Gakuin University Humanities Review, 21: 225-240. Kwansei Gakuin University. [ISSN 1342-8853]
- (2016). Drama in the L2 Classroom: A Defense and Practicum. The Mask & Gavel, 5: pp.5-22. Speech, Drama, and Debate Special Interest Group of the Japan Association of Language Teachers (JALT). [Online Journal]
- (2016). Designer Babies and the Future of Genomics. Frontiers in Science: English IB Reading Textbook, 3th edition, pp. 62-3. Kwansei Gakuin University, School of Science and Technology.
- (2015). The Live Act of Coming Out: Queer identity, Social Media, and Conversation analysis. Kwansei Gakuin Social Sciences Review Journal, 20: pp.11-26. Kwansei Gakuin University. [ISSN 1342-8861]
- Barbee, M. (2014). Genre Analysis in ESP Curriculum Design: Meeting the Language Needs of a Migrant Micronesian Population. Kwansei Gakuin Humanities Review Journal. Volume 19: pp.151-160. Kwansei Gakuin University. [ISSN 1342-8853]
- (2014). Furthering the Case for Drama in the Second Language Classroom. POLYGLOSSIA Journal: The Asia Pacific's Voice in Language and Language Teaching. Volume 26: pp.13-26. The Ritsumeikan Center for Asia Pacific Studies. Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University. [ISSN 1345-0891]
- (2014). Extracurricular L2 Input in a Japanese EFL Context: Exposure, Attitudes, and Motivation. Selected Papers in Second Language Studies, 32: 80 pages. University of Hawaii, Department of Second Language Studies. [Click to read]. [Appendices including full survey].
- (2012). Needs Analysis to Program Development: A New ESP Program for a Micronesian Population in Hawaii. In H. Ahn & M. Vidal (Eds.) Proceedings 2012: Selected Papers from the Sixteenth College-wide Conference for Students in Languages, Linguistics, and Literature, pp. 29-40. College of Languages, Linguistics, and Literature, University of Hawaii at Manoa. (Co-author) [Click for the online publication]
- (2010). Effective Speaking Techniques for the EFL Student. Eiken Miyazaki, pp. 27-33. High School English Teachers of Miyazaki Prefecture. Miyazaki City, Miyazaki.