Original Bilingual Plays
Over the course of my time in Japan, I had the privilege of working in association with the Miyazaki Prefecture International Center. In conjunction with their annual International festival. I was asked to produce several plays that incorporated foreign as well as local actors. The following are three original bilingual plays that resulted from this work.
Rakugo at the University of Hawaii
This is a video of my performing Rakugo at the University of Hawaii. Rakugo is traditional Japanese, comic-storytelling where a performer sits on a zabuton or cushion, and tells a comic story using only a Japanese fan and a Japanese hand towel as props.
The following photos document my directorial work with several plays from my time in Florida to Japan. The shows represented are:
- Jack and the Mame-no-ki (in association with the International Center of Miyazaki, Japan)
- Once Upon a Mattress, a musical
- Mamma Meets Japan (in association with the International Center of Miyazaki, Japan)
- The Raku-come, Rakugo Show! (at the University of Hawaii)
- Oklahoma (at the University of Hawaii)